Updated: Jul 3
1. How long have you volunteered for the FCAR? 2 1/2 years
2. What volunteer positions/duties do you do for the FCAR? Foster, Adoption Days, Transport, Fence Checks, Photos
3. What do you like most about volunteering for the FCAR? 3 Things I like most....All the people at FCAR and those I've met along the way thru adoptions, events, etc. I love that I'm always learning something new! And of course fostering puppies is so fun!!!!!!
4. Are you from TN -if not where? I've lived in CO, IL, MO, AZ, PA, OK, OH, and TN. I've lived in TN for the longest, 11 years
5. What did you do/do you do for a job/career? Favorite job stay at home mom for the past 18 years. Career real estate investor.
6. Tell us about your family. Lance (Hubby of 21 yrs next month) he is an Air Traffic Controller and favorite hobby is golf, Lucas 19 lives in MO and likes coding and programming, Ralyn 18 loves music, Colby 17 enjoys video games, and McKayla 9 loves unicorns and gymnastics. Our whole family loves traveling!!
7. What pets do you have? Tell us about them.
Bumper 9- AKA "The King" Ralyn put puppy on my grocery list for a full year then showed me Bumper's picture online. The rest is history. This amazing dog has been her constant companion since the day they met.
Marvin 5- AKA "Mr. Handsome" or "Gentle Giant". He is our rule follower!! He is great frog protector and will let me know when they are in the yard and even lay down next to them until I remove them. He likes everything calm and happy!
Fudgie 2 (FCAR Alumni) AKA Fudge Bug- She is all rainbows and butterflies. Everything she does is with pure joy and happiness. I've never seen her have a bad day! Her favorite game is hide-and-seek with her humans :)
Benny 10 months (FCAR Alumni) AKA Benny Boo Boo. He just loves to love. He has this incredible gentleness to him and super chill vibe. He's never in a rush and completely content to do anything as long as you tell him he's a good boy! When he is playing he tries to talk and he VERY LOUD!!!
Cat - Kiki (2 yrs) She showed up on our doorstep with her sister. We found out Kiki had a litter of kittens in a neighbors garage. We offered to take the kittens and find them forever homes. FCAR was able to get them all spayed/neutered :) Kiki ended up staying with us and her sister Fiona lives next door with friends of ours. Kiki and Fiona play together every day!
Ralyn also has 2 parakeets and a frog.
8. What are your hobbies or interests? Travel and photography
9. FUN FACTS! Anything else you would like to share or have people know about you?
I love adventures. I've been skydiving, bungee jumping, hang gliding, zip-lining, and whitewater rafting. I'm a little calmer now and stick with kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking and skiing. I'm vegetarian and not a fan of eating out.
I'm happy 99% of the time and have crazy amounts of energy!!
10. Tell us your favorite memory of volunteering with FCAR.
The first time I met FCAR co-founder, Yvette, she was dropping off my first puppy foster. I open the door she came barreling in my house saying "Where's your sink? This puppy just pooped all over my floorboard and it's all over my hands!" She got cleaned up properly and went back to get the puppy. I went back with her to get something out of her car and she accidently hit me in the head with the car door. Somehow they convinced me to keep coming back ;)